Orcs, also called Orsimer or "Pariah Folk" in ancient times, are sophisticated, beastlike people of the Wrothgarian Mountains, Dragontail Mountains, and Orsinium (literally translated as "Orc-Town"). They are noted for their unshakable courage in war and their unflinching endurance of hardships. In the past, Orcs have been widely feared and hated by the other nations and races of Tamriel, and were often considered to be goblin-ken. However, they have slowly won acceptance in the Empire, in particular for their distinguished service in the Emperor's Legions. Orc armorers are prized for their craftsmanship, and Orc warriors in heavy armor are among the finest front-line troops in the Empire, and are fearsome when using their berserker rage. Most Imperial citizens regard the Orc society as rough and cruel. The Orcs of the Iliac Bay region have developed their own language, known as Orcish, and have often had their own kingdom, Orsinium.
For more information, see the main Lore article.
- Berserk greater power (FormID
00047AD3). All of the following for 60 seconds on Self, once per day:
- Orc Magic Resistance ability (FormID
00047ACF): Resist Magic 25% on Self, constant
 In-Game Description
The people of the Wrothgarian and Dragontail Mountains, Orcish armorers are prized for their craftsmanship. Orc troops in heavy armor are among the finest in the Empire, and are fearsome when using their berserker rage.
Orcs make excellent warriors who excel in combat with Blunt weapons in Heavy Armor, especially when combined with the Warrior birthsign. They are prized for their craftsmanship and armorer skill. Their daily power, Berserk, can be useful in tight situations against difficult enemies, but should be used with care. The reduced agility makes it easy for enemies to stagger you. Orcs also make excellent Spellswords due to their amount of Endurance and Willpower. This combined with The Lady birthsign add up to very powerful Endurance and Willpower. However their lack of Magicka is a large disadvantage.
Despite there being Orcish armor, there isn't any Orcish weaponry.
Enemy Orcs are primarily encountered as Marauders (including Marauder Warlords), clad in heavy armor and wielding long blades. Among the vampires, the Crusader and Warriors are Orcs, including Crusader Vampire Matriarchs and Patriarchs.
 Race-specific Dialogue
- "You have something to say, dungheap?" (if disposition is between 20 and 30)
- "Greetings, Orc." (if disposition is 30+)
- "Greetings, blood of Orsinium." (if disposition is 30+ and the target NPC is also an Orc)
- Friendly Greetings (if disposition is 70+)
- "I feel I can truly share with you, without fear."
- "A sincere welcome to you. May you be forever blessed."
- "A hail and hardy welcome, friend."
- "Such good company. Welcome.
- "Do not fear. I will assist you however I can."
- Neutral Greetings (if disposition is between 30 and 70)
- "May your kills be quick and many."
- "Ask and I will listen."
- "You seek my help?"
- "Fight well."
- "Blade and bone. Speak to me."
- Brusque Greetings (if disposition is below 30)
- "Hurry up, before I change my mind."
- "Annoying creature."
- "I haven't time for fools."
- "By what right do you disturb me?"
- "I've killed far worse than you."
- "You humans are all the same! Weak and worthless!" (if the Orc is attacking a Redguard, Nord, Breton, or Imperial)
- "I'm going to bleed you slow!" (the Orc may say this in combat)
- "Puny Elf! I'll pick my teeth with your spine!" (if the Orc is attacking an Elf)
- "Die, you Orc filth!"
- A list of all the named Orcs in Cyrodiil can be found here.
 NPC Reactions
Reactions affect the base disposition of NPCs towards you depending on your relative races.
- Altmer -5
- Argonians -5
- Bosmer -5
- Breton -5
- Dunmer -5
- Imperials -5
- Khajiit -5
- Nord -5
- Redguard -5