|# of Zones||1|
|1 boss-level Chest|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|On the Red Ring Road, starting point of the Black Road to Chorrol.|
- Slightly to the west of Fort Nikel is a small lake; lying face down in this lake is the rotting headless corpse of a man identified as Nath Dyer. He carries a primrose leaf, some random minor loot (15%) and a love note to an unidentified woman in the Imperial City. It appears as though he may have been a tragic victim of the bandits of Fort Nikel while on the way to meet his estranged lover, or perhaps even the victim of a love rival, or he may even have committed suicide. His head can be found at the bottom of the lake.
- The Bandits and Marauders hate each other more than the player and will often kill each other without attacking the player.
- Do not sit on the bench behind the Marauder Battlemage, for when you stand up, you get trapped in the pillar behind you.
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.
- The exterior is located at coordinates: Tamriel -4, 16
- This location's map marker (M on map) is named Fort Nikel (editor name FortNikelMapMarker). The entrance door is SE of the marker, 70 feet away.
- 2 Wilderness Creatures (Hills variety) are near the entrance
- 2 Arrows of Jolts are at locations C on map
- 1 Wilderness Chest 02 (non-respawning) is near the entrance
- The other following items can be found near the entrance: 1 Gold Emerald Ring, 1 Absorb Skill: Marksman scroll, 1 Summon Skeleton Hero scroll, 1 Minor Soul Trap scroll, 1 Fine Steel Bow, and 4 Steel Arrows
- The following plants can be found near the entrance: 2 Lavender plants, 54 Morning Glory plants, and 4 Summer Bolete plants
- Some of the above items are clustered at location C: 1 Absorb Skill: Marksman scroll, 1 Fine Steel Bow, 1 Gold Emerald Ring, 4 Steel Arrows, and 2 Arrows of Jolts
- The Summon Skeleton Hero and Minor Soul Trap scrolls are located within the cylindrical battlements which are part of the ruined perimeter wall. They can be found in the Eastern and Northernmost battlements respectively.
- Nath Dyer's corpse is at location E on map
- 1 bedroll is at b
 Zone 1: Fort Nikel
This zone has sections that are underwater. It is a fairly small zone that doesn't take very long to explore.
After entering the fort you will soon come across a passage on each side of you. These are short, dead end corridors that can be easily explored for some low-level treasure. A bit further down the passage, past one enemy, you will come across another junction. Head left if you want to fight bandits; right if you want to fight marauders or continue straight on if you fancy watching the fireworks!
The fireworks take the form of a pitched battle between bandits and marauders. They will fight to the death and you will usually be left with only one or two opponents to fight. After dispatching the winners, loot their bodies and make sure you get the loot from the boss chest.
- 1 Bandit Hedge Wizard
- 2 Archer Bandits
- 1 Campsite Marauder (each 50% probability melee Marauder, 16% archer Marauder, 16% Marauder Battlemage, 16% dog)
- 1 Marauder Battlemage
- 2 Archer Marauders
- 1 boss-level Chest (Marauder variety) at location B on map
- 2 Chests 01 (1 locked)
- 2 Chests 02 (1 locked)
- 1 Chest 03
- 2 Chests 04
Doors and Gates:
- There is one door (at Out) in/out of this zone, leading outside
- 2 Gates at D and E (both locked)
- 2 Portcullis Gates at C and F
- 4 bedrolls at locations b on map