Quick Walkthrough
- Once you have reached level 20, talk to Haekwon at the Shrine of Boethia to find out about the gruesome offering Boethia requires.
- Acquire and offer one Daedra Heart to Boethia and travel to the Planes of Oblivion to participate in an interplanar tournament.
- Win the tournament, and return to the Shrine of Boethia for your reward.
 Detailed Walkthrough
The location of this Shrine can be marked on your map by any of several methods:
- Reading the book Modern Heretics,
- Reading the book The Refugees,
- Speaking to Borba gra-Uzgash in Cheydinhal about "Daedric Shrines",
- Speaking to Ulene Hlervu about "Cheydinhal".
 An Offering to the God
Travel to the shrine of Boethia and talk to Haekwon, one of Boethia's worshippers. After raising his disposition to 50[verification needed — exact disposition?], he will tell you to present Boethia with a Daedra Heart. Acquire a daedra heart, return to the shrine and, activate it. Boethia will say:
- Why do you summon me? You are not one of my faithful. Do you hope to be counted among my Chosen? Then prove yourself to me, mortal. I shall open a portal for you to one of my realms in Oblivion. Go, and take your place in my Tournament of Ten Bloods. Survive, and you will be rewarded. Fail, and your soul belongs to me.
After the dialogue, a blue portal will appear nearby. When you are ready, activate it to be transported to the arena.
 The Task at Hand
You will arrive in the stadium where the Tournament of the Ten Bloods takes place. You'll need to be prepared to fight nine rounds against Boethia's Chosen, one at a time. Be prepared; these characters are armed to the teeth with dozens of potions, weapons, powerful ranged attacks, and will often heal themselves. You will be unable to leave until all of them have been defeated. While you're battling, watch out for the lava: there's no fence to protect you (but you can certainly feel free to use this to your advantage by chasing your enemies into the lava). When you are ready to fight the next opponent, approach the gates to the right. These open before you reach them, so be prepared.
Unlike the gladiator battles in the Arena, there are no rules about looting the corpses of your fallen opponents. Make sure you pillage the bodies of the fallen for some nice leveled weapons, enchanted arrows, armor and tons of potions. You don't have to pillage until all battles are completed because the corpses never disappear.
When you have defeated your final opponent, a portal appears back to the realm of Cyrodiil. Activate it to return to Tamriel once you have looted the corpses of your opponents to your heart's desire. If you want to bring back more items than you can carry, pile them up by the entrance and pick them all up when you decide to leave. You can still travel through the portal if you are overencumbered.
 Return to the Shrine
Approach the shrine and activate it. Boethia will congratulate you on your victory and reward you with a wonderful enchanted sword called Goldbrand, with huge damage along with a 22 fire damage per hit enchantment (regardless of player level).
- I greet you, Chosen One! A victory in my Tournament of Ten Bloods brings great honor. Take Goldbrand, sheathe it in your enemies, and offer their souls as praise to me.
- If you approach the war gate to the left, the enemy behind it will notice you and try to attack. Eventually they will fall in the lava trying to reach you and die. Boethia will announce their death and because it was out of sequence the remainder of the gates won't open. To complete the quest, jump around the other gates to fight the remaining opponents. When they are all dead the quest will continue as usual.
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.
- If you are using a custom race mod, it is likely that this quest will not work properly. To complete the quest, use the
showracemenuconsole command to change your race to one of the normal (non-custom) races BEFORE you give the Daedra Heart to Boethia, and complete the quest as normal. After the quest, you can use the console to change back to your custom race. Please note that this will likely change your skill levels, so use this method with caution. If you don't feel like sacrificing your hard earned talents, you can also use the console method of quest completion. Simply accept the quest from Boethia by giving him the daedra heart, then instead of going through the portal (since no enemies will appear in the daedra realm because the quest won't start upon entry), open the console and type
SetStage DABoethia 30.
- If a powerful Charm spell is used to make the NPCs accept a yield, they can be spoken to. An interesting quirk is all the NPCs are friendly, save for the Khajiit, who reverts into a highwayman - demanding money from you.
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.
 Journal Entries
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- On the PC, it is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage DABoethia stage, where
stageis the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.