Oblivion:Amulet of Kings
|Artifact: Amulet of Kings (000250A0)|
The Amulet of Kings is a pendant originally worn by Uriel Septim VII. After his assassination, the player must deliver it to the Grandmaster of the Blades. After escorting Martin, Uriel's illegitimate son, back to Grandmaster Jauffre, the Amulet is stolen by the Mythic Dawn. The player is forced to enter the Paradise of Mankar Camoran in order to recover it. This achieved, preparations are made for Martin's coronation, but the ceremony is interrupted by a daedric assault on the capital. After fighting his way to the Temple of the One, Martin is forced to smash the amulet, this being the only way to defeat Mehrunes Dagon. The power of the intermingled blood of the Covenant summoned a rare aedric avatar in the form of Akatosh, a fiery dragon. Dagon was defeated, but the nearly four thousand year history of the Amulet of Kings is ended.
 Related Quests
- Tutorial: You must follow the secret escape route to escape the prison.
- Deliver the Amulet: You must deliver the Amulet of Kings to Jauffre in Weynon Priory.
- Paradise: Enter Mankar's Paradise, and retrieve the Amulet of Kings.
- Light the Dragonfires: Escort Martin to the Temple of the One... but will you be able to crown him Emperor?
- On the PC, you can obtain an equippable version of the amulet by using Console commands. If you don't have the amulet, type:
player.additem 000250A0 1. Once you have it, type:
player.equipitem 000250A0 1. If you have the amulet, you can also use:
player.createfullactorcopy, then click on your clone and type:
kill(or kill it normally) to obtain an equippable version of the amulet.
- The Amulet of Kings can be equipped by any NPC, since the Amulet's script only checks if the player is trying to equip it.
- For more information, see the Lore article.