|This guide should not be used to suggest any cheats or exploits for making money. All methods must be 100% legitimate.|
Making money is an important aspect of gameplay. Whether you are a novice adventurer in need of training and supplies, a seasoned adventurer looking for a new house, planning on enchanting items, or creating your own spells, a stable source of income is essential.
The amount of money you can make is unlimited and you can make it fairly quickly, so do not be miserly! Spend your money freely to get the items you want or need. The objective of this guide is to make significant amounts of gold using methods that are not immediately obvious. Players just starting out should refer here.
 Basic Principles
- The following generally improves vendor prices:
- There are two creature merchants who will buy and sell items at their actual value:
 Selling Valuable Items
 Daedric Weapon
Quick Explanation: Receive a Daedric weapon as reward.
 Ebony Cuirass
 Glass Daggers
Quick Explanation: Repair broken glass daggers.
 Master's Alchemy Set
Quick Explanation: Steal Master alchemical apparatus.
 Orcish Armor
Quick Explanation: Steal a partial set of Orcish armor.
 Soul Gems
Quick Explanation: Steal filled soul gems.
 Selling to the Museum
Quick Explanation: Find and sell valuable Artifacts to the museum.
 Selling Large Quantities of Items
 Looting Daedra
Quick Explanation: Kill respawning daedra for their items.
 Looting Guards/Ordinators
Quick Explanation: Kill respawning NPCs for their items.
- Go to one of the many Villages, Towns, Cities or Forts in Vvardenfell.
- Commit a Crime to earn a small price on your head.
- Lockpicking or sleeping in an owned bed will safely earn you a bounty of five gold.
- Theft of low-value items or pickpocketing attempts carry the risk of increasing the NPCs Fight attribute. This might be a problem with some NPCs, unless it is a guard.
- Talk to a Guard or Ordinator. Resist arrest. Kill. Loot. Repeat as needed.
- To clear your name, just pay off your bounty.
- You may have to temporarily drop down items you have stolen before. Paying the fine removes all stolen and contraband items in your inventory.
- If you are a member of the Thieves Guild, you need only pay half your bounty.
 Looting Merchants
Quick Explanation: Sell an item that will kill its wearer.
- Make or find clothing or armor with a deadly, constant-effect enchantment.
- Sell it to a merchant; if it is more valuable that what the merchant is currently wearing, the merchant will wear it.
- Wait for the merchant to die, then loot the body. Note that if somebody witnesses the merchant's death; it will be reported as your crime.
 Pearl Diving
Quick Explanation: Dive for pearls.
 Potion Making
Quick Explanation: Make potions and sell them.
 Soul Hunting
Quick Explanation: Trap and sell souls.