|Skill: Light Armor|
Hit By Opponent: +1.0
The Light Armor skill lets one move and defend while wearing light-weight, flexible armors like leather, boiled leather, fur, chitin, and glass. To use any style of armor effectively, the wearer must be trained, conditioned, and skilled in its use.
 Character Creation
The following races receive bonuses to their Light Armor skill:
The following classes have Light Armor as a Major skill:
The following classes have Light Armor as a Minor skill:
The Master Trainer of Light Armor is Aerin at the Andus Tradehouse in Maar Gan. The only other noteworthy trainer is Ruccia Conician at the Grand Council Chambers in Ebonheart (up to 70). See Light Armor Trainers for the complete list.
The following books will increase your Light Armor skill:
The following factions include Light Armor as one of their favored skills:
- Camonna Tong (not joinable)
- Census and Excise (not joinable)
- Dark Brotherhood (not joinable)
- House Hlaalu
- Morag Tong
- Thieves Guild
- Light Armor is a very efficient armor skill. Your armor rating while wearing the best Light Armor available with maxed Light Armor skill is an impressive 168, which is higher than that for Medium Armor (145) (not counting Bloodmoon's Ice Armor which has the same rating) and about half the weight. While not as good as Heavy Armor's 266 rating (up to 333 using certain artifacts), Light Armor is both easier to acquire and easier to carry.
- Light Armor is a useful way of getting bonuses to raising Agility, an important combat attribute.
Light Armor is defined by the following weight values. The links provide access to categories that list all of the available light armor items of each type.
There are four styles of Light Armor that provide fairly complete armor sets; one other style includes a few pieces of armor.