|This place page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
Ibar-Dad is a small cave just to the west of the Assurnabitashpi Daedric shrine, not far from the Urshilaku Camp.
The treasure vault inside the cave
The cave is populated by two hostile sorcerers who, besides being Daedra-worshippers with Scamps to help them out in the fight, are also archaeologists. Behind a door is Elante, the Altmer Sorceress. On a table are a few potions, a Ring of Night-Eye, a key and her notes indicating that this expedition has just discovered a hidden tomb, the Tomb of Mordrin Hanin. The tomb can be found in this cave, accessible through some underwater passages, guarded by some much more powerful Daedra. The door is locked (70) and trapped and the tomb contains a haul of astonishingly good loot.
- The sorcerer-archaeologists are also alchemists, owning a large haul consisting mostly of potions, books, scrolls and Alchemy Apparatus.
- Creatures guarding the tomb itself include a Daedroth, two Dremora Lords and a Golden Saint. The tomb is heavily locked and trapped, as well, but there is an Ancient, rusted Daedric Key in a trapped chest if you search to the east.
- The treasure in the tomb includes a Daedric Face of Inspiration, shield, staff and battle-axe, and eight (identical) Ancient Silver Daggers with fairly potent poison enchantments - which are all cursed (picking them up will summon a hostile Ancestor Ghost).
- There are five random scrolls in an urn and two skill-books on stands: 36 Lessons of Vivec, Sermon 16 (Axe) and Mystery of Talara, Part 3 (Destruction).
- Pride of place goes to the great tower shield Eleidon's Ward, which hangs on the back wall of the tomb, above the corpse.