|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- For the Imperial Legion quest, see Grandmaster Duel.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Talk to Eno Hlaalu at the Morag Tong headquarters in the Hidden Area of the Vivec Arena for special duties.
- Eno will tell you that he wishes to quit the Guild and place you in charge.
- Either let him retire gracefully (he will disappear from the game).
- Or kill him to recover the Sanguine items.
- You are named Grandmaster of the Morag Tong.
 Detailed Walkthrough
 Special Duties
Once you reach the rank of Exalted Master, Eno Hlaalu in the Vivec Morag Tong hall will tell you that he wishes to quit the Guild and place you in charge.
Traditionally, the Morag Tong Grandmaster is chosen when the old one is executed, but you are given the option to let Eno go gracefully. You can do either. The easiest is to simply agree with Eno, in which case you become Grandmaster merely by your choice of dialog options. Otherwise, you can kill Eno anytime after you reach the rank of Master to become the new Grandmaster. If you want to get the Sanguine items back, or to acquire the unique, unenchanted black gloves, you will need to kill him instead of letting him retire. Once you let him retire he will disappear, never to be seen again. The items go with him.
- Becoming Grandmaster of the Morag Tong will prevent you from completing the Threads of the Webspinner or Mephala quests if you haven't finished them yet.
- Once you become Grandmaster and complete the main quest, visit any of the other quest givers to receive a number of Grandmaster writs.
- Even once you become Grandmaster as long as Eno Hlaalu is there you can not sleep in the bed which is rightfully yours. You will get kicked out of the Morag Tong.
 Quest Stages
These Codes can be used along with the
Journal Console Command and Quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.
||I was told that in order to become the new Grandmaster, I must honorably execute the current Grandmaster, Eno Hlaalu.
||Grandmaster Eno Hlaalu believes I have what it takes to be the new Grandmaster of the Morag Tong. He will step down if I break with Morag Tong tradition and let him retire.
||I have slain Grandmaster Eno Hlaalu. I am the new Grandmaster of the Morag Tong.
||Grandmaster Eno Hlaalu thanked me for allowing him to retire. I am the new Grandmaster of the Morag Tong.