The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
(Click on any item for details)
Gauntlets of Glory
Ten Pace Boots
Amulet of Heartfire
Amulet of Heartheal
Amulet of Heartrime
Fortify <Skill> M points for D seconds
Temporarily raises one of the target's Skills by M points for D seconds. After the spell expires, their Skill will be restored to its former value.
- The only obtainable spell with this effect in Morrowind is Mephala's Skill, which is a reward of the Threads of the Webspinner quest. However, starting from version 1.2, the Fortify Short Blade component of the spell has been removed, meaning that there is no known source for the Fortify Skill spell effect.
- If you have any of the expansions, you can buy Fortify Skill spells from Nerile Andaren in the Mournhold Temple's Halls of Ministry, from Laurina Maria or Crito Olcinius in the Imperial Cult Services in the Royal Palace, or from Bronrod the Roarer in the Skaal Village on Solstheim.
- If an active Fortify Skill effect increases your skill level to or past 100, you will not be able to advance that skill by training. You can still gain experience by practicing, although your progress bar will not be shown.
- If a Fortify Skill effect is cast on a trainer and makes that skill one of their three highest, it becomes one of the skills in which the trainer will offer training. Use this to make them train different skills and/or train to higher levels. For instance, casting a +100 Unarmored spell on any trainer will turn them into a master-level trainer in Unarmored for the duration of the spell.
- In custom spells or enchantments, you can fortify the same skill up to a maximum of eight times. Therefore you can effectively get +800 to any skill. This can be useful if you want to make super potions or enchantments because you only need +800 for 1-2 seconds.
 Related Effects
- Restore Skill, Absorb Skill
- Damage Skill, Drain Skill
- Fortify Attribute, Fortify Health, Fortify Magicka