Morrowind:Felen's Ebony Staff (quest)
|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Talk to Big Helende in Dirty Muriel's Cornerclub in Sadrith Mora for a new job.
- Travel to Tel Branora to steal Felen Maryon's ebony staff.
- Find the staff in Therana's Chamber and steal it.
- Return to Helende to complete the quest.
 Detailed Walkthrough
Big Helende at Dirty Muriel's Cornerclub in Wolverine Hall asks if you would like to steal Felen Maryon's ebony staff from his tower in Tel Branora. She doesn't expect anybody will be up for the challenge, and you can refuse the quest without penalty as this is Helende's last quest for you. Since Maryon's home is a Telvanni tower, Helende is kind enough to provide three Quality Rising Force potions.
 Felen's Ebony Staff
Tel Branora is at the far southeast corner of the map and is easiest to reach by boat. Felen can be found up in Therana's Chamber, accessed through the Upper Tower, east of the docks. He sells some powerful Conjuration spells, including some spells that can be purchased nowhere else (such as Summon Golden Saint,) so you may wish to spare him if you can avoid it. His staff is leaning against the bookcase behind him, so anything you can do to increase your sneak effectiveness (such as Chameleon) is helpful, or you can try to walk around the back of the bookcase and take the staff from there.
When you return to Helende with the staff, she'll give you the choice of keeping it or a cut of the profits from selling it (250 gold). Either way, she also gives you a Ring of Far Reaching and removes your Bounty.
- You can stand behind the tree/branch (over the bed) and use telekinesis to retrieve both the staff and several other valuable items.
- You're better off keeping the staff, as selling it will earn far more than the gold you'd get for giving it to Helende.
- Although the first journal entry says that Felen is in Bal Fell, he is actually at Tel Branora.
- This bug is fixed by the Morrowind Patch Project.
 Quest Stages
These Codes can be used along with the
Journal Console Command and Quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.
|Prev: Redoran Cookbook||Up: Thieves Guild Quests||Next: Find New Quest Giver|