|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Divayth Fyr (divayth fyr)|
|Home Town||Tel Fyr|
|Location||Hall of Fyr|
Divayth Fyr is an ancient Dunmer sorcerer who is the caretaker of the Corprusarium and the only person in the game who can cure your Corprus disease, acquired during the Main Quest. He is a member of Great House Telvanni, though he generally stays out of House politics. Although he is the oldest and one of the most respected members of the House, he is not a member of the Council, and has no intention of joining. He can be found at the top of Tel Fyr, his personal tower, where he lives with his four "daughters", who refer to themselves as his "wives": Alfe, Beyte, Delte, and Uupse. Divayth later reveals they are actually female clones of himself. He appears to be the oldest mortal character in the game–according to Alfe Fyr he is 4000 years old.
Divayth has a full set–minus the helm–of Daedric armor, a token of his long life, as well as several ancient artifacts, including Scourge and the Cuirass of the Savior's Hide. His armor contains the only Daedric Pauldrons and the only unenchanted Daedric Cuirass in Vvardenfell. Unfortunately, you cannot directly obtain them from him without a fight. Killing him is an extremely bad idea, as he is essential for a major section of the Main Quest. Instead, you can acquire them by casting Disintegrate Armor on him repeatedly until they break, casting Calm Humanoid to stop him from attacking you, and pickpocketing the broken armor off him and repairing it, or you can simply kill him once the main quest line is completed. This is the only way to acquire a complete set of the armor without both the Tribunal and Bloodmoon expansions installed.
Fyr is also likely to be the most knowledgeable person in the game, and, along with Yagrum Bagarn, he can teach you about the Dwemer and Corprus Disease. He takes a deep interest in their history, as is evident in his workroom, where you may find many Dwemer artifacts, not to mention the Corprusarium beneath the halls of his tower, which he considers a "hobby". His luxurious care of Bagarn, likely the last living Dwarf, is also a testament to his pursuits.
 Related Quests
- Corprus Cure: Find a way to cure the dreaded Corprus disease.
- Coded Message: Deliver a coded message to Divayth Fyr in Tel Fyr.
- Master Index: Collect each of the ten Propylon Indices.
- Divayth Fyr is an honorary member of House Telvanni, but he is not technically a member of the Telvanni faction. This was probably done so that his disposition does not lower if you are a member of one of the rival Houses or factions.
- He is mentioned in the books The Doors of Oblivion and Varieties of Daedra. Doors of Oblivion lists him as the only known wizard alive who can travel between the realms at will.
- Interestingly, Divayth's daughters' names correspond with three of the first four letters of the Greek alphabet, Alpha, Beta, and Delta, while Uupse corresponds with the fifth-to-last letter, Upsilon. (Not to be confused with the fifth Greek letter, Epsilon.) One might wonder what happened to the Gamma model.
- At one point in the Telvanni questline, Master Aryon requests that Divayth Fyr join the Council. In response, Fyr politely refuses.
- Divayth Fyr has the most health and is the highest level NPC in the vanilla game.
- ^ According to Uupse Fyr:
- "As you know, he's probably the oldest and most powerful wizard alive. Not counting liches, or divine sorcerers like Vivec, of course. And there may be some older in the West, on Summerset Isles, perhaps."
- ^ According to Alfe Fyr:
- "Plunder the dungeon of a 4000-year-old wizard. What could be easier?"