Dremora (also known as "The Kyn") are a warlike Daedric race associated with the Daedric Prince of Destruction, Mehrunes Dagon. They are commonly encountered throughout the planes of Oblivion. Dremora are known to be intelligent, sentient beings, and make capable warriors and mages.
 Physical Description
Dremora are humanoid war spirits that resemble demon-like knights, and usually appear to be at least seven or eight feet tall. In battle, Dremora have been known to wear spiked, crimson Daedric armor. Notable features include grotesque horned faces with dark ashen grey, blue, purple or red complexions, skin that is dark red in color, and voices that are deep and guttural.
Dremora society is a class-based clan system that upholds values of oaths, pride, honor and loyalty, both to the clan and to Lord Mehrunes Dagon, whom they venerate as a god. Dremora culture appears to be male dominated, and focuses on training and preparing for battle and war. Dremora fall into one of seven different ranks, each more powerful and privileged than the rank below. These ranks are further distributed into melee, missile or mage classes. Dremora refer to their race as the 'Kyn' (the People) and to other Dremora as 'Kynaz' (of the Kyn). They consider themselves to be above other Daedra.
Dremora also make for ferocious combatants. This is not just because of their abilities as sorcerers and warriors, but also because, as creatures of Oblivion, they have no need to fear death. Some are immune to normal weapons and many can reflect spells. They craft and wear their own armor, known as Daedric armor, reputed to be the strongest available in Tamriel.
The Dremora are almost exclusively male, and females are extremely rare for the average adventurer to encounter. This is an inversion of the other two sentient Daedric races, the Golden Saints and Dark Seducers, which are dominantly female, with the males serving as a minority.
However, despite (or because of) the rare number of females, there is very little indication that they are physically weaker than or culturally inferior to their male counterparts. The only known females encountered by mortals were found to be members of the Markyn (Mehrunes Dagon's Council of Lords) that participated in Mehrunes Dagon's invasion of Tamriel at the end of the Third Era. However, any attempts to extract information, or otherwise communicate in a non-violent manner, with these females have yielded next to no response from them, and their male counterparts seldom speak of them, so their overall cultural status amongst the Kyn is largely unknown.
- Dremora appeared in Battlespire and Morrowind as creatures, and in Oblivion and Skyrim as a unique (albeit non-playable) Race.
- To date, Oblivion is the only game in which female Dremora make an appearance. In the other games, any Dremora that are present are always male.
- In 4E 201, Sanguine assumed the form of a Dremora when he revealed his true identity as a Daedric Prince to the Dragonborn, after the latter visited Misty Grove.
- Though they are primarily followers of Mehrunes Dagon, Dremora have also been associated with other Daedric Princes, since they were sighted in the realm of Peryite during the time of the Oblivion Crisis, and Daedra in general are known to serve Daedric Princes apart from the ones they are most frequently associated with.
 See Also
For game-specific information see:
- Darkest Darkness — A description of various Daedra
- Spirit of the Daedra — An insight to the Daedra mindset
- Varieties of Daedra by Aranea Drethan, Healer and Dissident Priest — An analysis of Daedra forms, focusing primarily on the Dremora
|This Lore-related article is a stub. You can help by .|