If you look at a page on UESPWiki, you will find three main navigation elements: The sidebar on the left gives you a starting point to some of the more important pages on the wiki. At the top of the page are the links that belong to the page currently displayed, including the discussion page, the version history, and the edit link. In the top right corner, you'll either find a link to create an account or login if you aren't logged in, and a collection of personal links if you are logged in.
The sidebar is displayed on the left edge of the page below the site logo. This sidebar gives you access to the important pages on the wiki, such as the recent changes or the community portal. An example snapshot image of the sidebar is shown to the right.
- Clicking on the logo or the main page link will bring you back to the start of the wiki.
- The featured articles are pages that the community feel are the best on the site.
- Recent changes is a special page which allows you to track the last edits made in the wiki.
- Random page takes you to a completely random page.
- How to Contribute gives you ideas on how to start out on the wiki.
- Finally, clicking on the Help Files link will take you to the site help files.
The sections, also referred to as the game pages, are the main pages associated with each of their respective games. By clicking these links, you can find out more about each game, as well as find links to specific walkthroughs related to the game. Lore is the only exception to this, and focuses more on the story behind the Elder Scrolls series.
These links focus on the community that helps write and edit UESPWiki, and they provide places for the community to discuss the designing of the project.
- The community portal is the main discussion board where the operations of UESP are discussed and debated.
- Contact us if you have any issues questions regarding the wiki.
- The Chatroom link is the IRC channel where we help each other with editing UESP and playing the Elder Scrolls series.
- The is a place where you can discuss and seek help for the different Elder Scrolls games.
- The contains articles on various topics written by members of the site.
- The Links section is a compilation of different Elder Scrolls related sites.
- What links here takes you to a special page that lists the pages on this wiki which contain a link to the current page. This is helpful when you are looking for pages of related information, or when you are refactoring wiki pages and need to check whether links to a page are still relevant after changes are made to it.
- The related changes tool lists all recent changes in the pages linked to and from the current page. Recent changes to all revelevant template pages are also included in the resulting page list.
- Upload file brings up a special page that allows editors to upload images and other files to the wikil. Uploaded files can be linked from or embedded in wiki pages.
- The special pages tool lists the special pages that allow you to do special things on the wiki. For example, a list of users registered with the wiki, statistics about the wiki such as the number of pages and number of page edits, system logs, a list of orphaned pages, and so on. These special pages are commonly generated when the special page is loaded rather than being stored in the wiki database.
- You can view a printable version of a wiki page, which is simply a version of a page that is formatted to fit nicely on paper.
- Permanent link links to the latest revision of a wiki page. Even if the page is revised, the link will continue to point to the same revision.
 Page Tabs
The page tabs are displayed at the top of the article to the right of the site logo. These tabs allow you to perform actions that are related to the current article. The available actions include: viewing, editing, and discussing the current current article. The specific tabs displayed on your pages depend on whether or not you are logged into the wiki and whether you have admin privileges on the wiki. An example snapshot image of the page tabs is shown to the right.
- The main article.
- The discussion about the main article.
- Allows you to edit the main article or it's discussion page, depending on which you are currently viewing.
- Allows you to view the revision history of the article or the discussion page.
- This renames or moves the page, leaving a redirect in it's place.
- This link will either add the page to your watchlist, or remove the page from your watchlist.
 User Links
The user links are displayed at the top far right of the article. These tabs allow the logged-in user to view and edit their user page and wiki preferences. Additionally, the user links allow the user to quickly access their contributions to the wiki and logout. For anonymous users the user links is replaced by a link to the wiki login page. An example snapshot image of the user links is shown to the right.
- This links to your user page which is where you can put information about yourself, store bits of information you want to remember or whatever else you fancy.
- my talk
- This links to your discussion page, where people can leave messages for you.
- my preferences
- Allows you to change your personal site preferences.
- my watchlist
- A list of all pages that you are watching. Pages can be added to this list by clicking 'watch' at the top of the page.
- my contributions
- A list of all contributions you have made to the wiki.
- log out
- Click this link to log out of the wiki.