Daggerfall:The Crazed Mercenary
 Quick Walkthrough
- Talk to a questgiver of your Knight Order.
- Head to the dungeon the questgiver points you to.
- Find and kill the orc warlord.
- Report back to the questgiver.
- Be sure to follow the time limit.
 Detailed Walkthrough
 Quest Offer
Welcome (player's name). My name is (questgiver's name). The order has just been told of a crazed, orc mercenary that needs to be stopped. Are you willing to take up this quest?
 Quest Acceptance
Questgiver goes on:
Very well. In a dark pit not to far away, a cursed place called (dungeon), an orc warlord named (orc's name) has been conspiring with a group of renegade mages, even worse than the Necromancers, to destroy (region). Perhaps he feels that he was wronged by the (local ruler), perhaps it is merely the unreasoning hate that orcs often exhibit toward humans. The important thing is that he must be stopped, before his blind fury and the magic of the mages have truly disastrous results. Stop him, (player's first name) any way you can. If you have not returned with the situation remedied in (time limit) days, if it isn't too late, we knights will do the job ourselves. Pray, do not let it come to that.
 Quest Decline
Your modesty does you justice, (player's first name). Feel free to return when you are less faint of heart.
 Quest Object
Head to the dungeon you were pointed to. Once you are there orc warriors and shamans may appear from time, trying to end your quest and your life. Find and kill your target, an orc warlord, and report back to the questgiver afterwards.
 Quest Object Dead
When you kill the orc mercenary a message pops up saying:
You have slain the orc warlord.
 Quest End
Upon reporting back the questgiver says:
Well done, (player's first name). The orcs are moving out of (dungeon), so your mission must have been successful. You are truly a worthy member of our order.
 Reputation Gain/Loss
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|Generic Knightly Order||+5|
|City-State where the order is located||+10|
|Nobility of the city-state where the order is located||+5|
|People of the city-state where the order is located||+5|
|All other factions of the city-state where the order is located||+5|
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
|Generic Knightly Order||-2|
- Random dungeon monsters
- Quest Target: One Orc Warlord
- 100x Two Orcs every one hundred in-game minutes (12% chance) once you enter the dungeon
- 50x One Orc Sergeant every one hundred-seven in-game minutes (10% chance) once you enter the dungeon
- 20x One Orc Shaman every one hundred-thirteen in-game minutes (8% chance) once you enter the dungeon
- According to the questfile, there was a second way implemented to end this quest without killing the orc warlord. But due a bug in the questfile this optional path can never be done.