Daggerfall:The Birthday Present
 Quick Walkthrough
- Talk to a Merchant or an Innkeeper.
- Go to the local store and buy the item he wants for 20 gold
- Optional: head to your employer's sister and show her the "present".
- Optional: give her the "present".
- In case you didn't give the sister her "present" head back to your employer.
- Give your employer his sister's "present" and collect your reward.
- Be sure to follow the time limit.
 Detailed Walkthrough
 Quest Offer
This quest is one of several in the random pool of Merchants/Innkeepers quests.
Excuse me? (questgiver's name) is the name. I don't know how I feel about you, but I do need a favor. My sister, (sister's name), is having a birthday next month and I could really use some (random item) for the celebration. It's worth (random gold) gold pieces. What do you say?
 Quest Acceptance
The merchant/innkeeper goes on:
Excellent! You are a smart one. This is easy gold. Go to (local store's name) and find (merchant's name), (He/She) has the specific (random item) I need. Remember, there is only a month 'til the celebration.
Very good. This is easy gold. You'll have to go to (local store's name) to find the exact kind I need. Talk to (merchant's name), (he/she) runs the place.
 Quest Decline
The merchant/innkeeper answers:
Just as well, I suppose. Good day.
Sorry I asked.
Then we never talked, I'd hate for you to spoil the surprise.
Whatever, it was easy gold you know.
Leave me then, I have a celebration to plan.
 Quest Object
Head to the local store mentioned by your employer and buy the requested item, an ingredient, from the merchant for 20 gold pieces. Once you have the item you have two choices:
- Show the item to your employer's sister.
- You must find her first, by asking around in town.
- The item might be part of a poison your employer wants to brew to kill her. In that case she will tell you this fact and begs you to hand it over to her. If you do so, you will save her life.
- If the item isn't an ingredient or part of a poison and you give it to her, you spoil the surprise for her birthday and you won't get you reward from your employer, hence you can't give him the item anymore.
- Give the item to your employer and he will pay you.
 Quest End
When you hand the item to your employer he says:
Very good, (player's name). Here's the gold I promised.
 Reputation Gain/Loss
|Questgiver's associated factions||-1|
- You can only be sure whether the ingredient is part of a poison if you show it to the sister before you deliver it to your employer. You do not need to give it to her, even when she begs you to do so.
- Accepting this quest will result in an overall two point reputation loss with your questgiver's faction, regardless of how this quest ends.