UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 5:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Julan Ashlander issue - Shani doesn't stay in healer's tent?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:19 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
Edit: note that this contains heavy spoilers for the Julan Ashlander Companion mod.

So I've gotten to the part of Julan's plotline where we have to go rescue Shani. Got her out of the cave, levitated with her and Julan back to her camp, talked to Julan, talked to her, went into the healer's tent.

But Shani doesn't show up inside the tent. Talk to the healer, she says Shani will stay there and recover... walk out of the tent, and Shani is still outside, and she and Julan have the same dialog.

How do I resolve this? Maybe it's a levitation issue? I've noticed levitation also causes some weird stuff with Julan himself...

This is with OpenMW 0.46.0 on Fedora 34, with the following mods:
- Morrowind Optimization Patch
- Better Heads
- Better Clothes v2.0
- Better Bodies
- Julan Ashlander Compation v2.02
- Alex's Running Without Fatigue
- No Arrow Weight
- More Barter Gold

(I ditched Project Atlas because it was breaking lit window graphics in Vivec City for some reason.)

Edit: no, not a levitation issue; it doesn't help to not be levitating at the time. And the reason Shani doesn't show up inside the yurt is that her mesh gets placed inside Julan's (ouch!). Still no idea why she doesn't stay there after talking with the healer...

Post subject: Re: Julan Ashlander issue - Shani doesn't stay in healer's t
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:06 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
Ah, found a workaround! Issue was I needed to talk to Shani, and obviously couldn't because she was obscured by Julan. Telling Julan to stay outside let her materialize visibly so I could get the needed dialogue.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:41 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 16
Glad you figured it out. I don't know if you've ever played the Julan mod before; if you haven't, you're in for one heck of a treat. (And if you have, you already know you're in for one heck of a treat. :P)

Yes, levitation can cause a few weird things to happen with Julan. In case you don't already know this, the biggest tip I can give you with Julan and levitation is: don't EVER ask him to cast levitation on you. There's a bug in the script which causes him to go into an endless casting animation loop and it's impossible to break him out of it (it's caused by a missing StopScript in the casting script, I believe). Your only recourse is to quit and reload. I was quite disappointed the first time I raised his Alteration skill high enough for him to cast levitation on me, only to find it was broken. I always meant to e-mail Kateri about it, but never got around to it.

Have fun with Julan!

And I ain't in it for the power
And I ain't in it for my health
I ain't in it for the glory of anything at all
And I sure ain't in it for the wealth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:59 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
Thanks! And yeah, I love this annoying dorky elf boy. He's so... IDK... realistically frustrating? And his plotline is All Of The Feelings.

Currently have my copy of him wearing full Orc armor and shield plus the Frosteater robe, and wielding an enchanted Daedric katana that inflicts 3 seconds of 100% Silence on hit... he's still very fragile vs. magic though, I need to figure out something for that. Especially as the game AI seems to prioritize attacking him. I've given him a bunch of resistance and elemental shield items, but he never seems to use them.

And thanks for the info re levitation. I already had pretty reliable sources of levitation by the time I met him, so hadn't tried that anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:02 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform: