UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 9:07 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Multipliers?
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:04 pm 
Associate
Associate

I want to try out the efficient leveling (see ), but I only get the x4 multipiers. (I have the GOG GOTY version.)
For example I´ve trained 5x athletics (major), 5x short blade and 2x unarmored. Should be enough for the x5 speed multiplier, nontheless I get the x4 multiplier.

Are there any mods which could hamper my progress? (I have already applied some: AC_Optimized, AEA, Arabus Fireplaces, Atmospheric SoundEffects, Better Bodies, Better Clothes, Better Skulls, Better Weapons and Armors, Better Sounds, Bitter Coast Sounds Plugin, Bloated Caves, Bobs Diverse Blood, correctUV Ore Replacer, EBQ-Artifact, Entertainers, Fair Magicka Regen, GH for Tamriel Data, GH_MC_Patch, Graphic Herbalism, Golden Gold, Helm of Tohan, LeFemmArmorFix, Main plugin, MapDeluxe, MasterIndex_DXM_MI_journalfix, MGE XE, MGSO, Morrowind Code Patch, Morrowind Patch v1.6.6, Morrowind Rebirth, Mudcrab Island, MW Containers Animated, MWSE, Particle_Arrow_Replacer, Robert's bodies, Romance, SnowPrinceTomb, Tamriel Rebuilt, True Lights and Darkness, Book Jackets, New Voices, Siege at Firemoth, Unique Banners and Signs, Unique Finery, Signy Signposts, Windows Glow)

Post subject: Re: Multipliers?
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 9:32 pm 
Associate
Associate

So, nobody has an idea?
Maybe it´s not the mods, perhaps something else prevents me to get the x5? Is there anything you could think of that can do this to a level 1 character?

Majors: Athletics, Marksman, Restoration, Sneak, Speechcraft
Minors: Acrobatics, Long Blade, Medium Armor, Mysticism, Security
Trained: 5x Athletics, 5x Short Blade, 2x Unarmored, 2x Acrobatics, 1x Armorer (book), 6x Blunt Weapon, 1x Long Blade, 1x Medium Armor, 10x Spear

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 5:26 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 16
Most likely it's a mod which is preventing you from getting the 5x multiplier, but which mod(s) is/are the culprits I couldn't tell you.

A mod could prevent you from getting the multiplier you expect in a couple of different ways:

1. By changing the governing attributes of certain skills, and/or
2. By changing the bonus multipliers in the game settings.

You can double-check the governing attribute of a skill by hovering the pointer over the skill in the character menu, which brings up the box describing the skill along with its governing attribute.

Checking for changed game settings is trickier. If you're familiar with the Construction Set you can fire it up, select a mod, and hit the "Details" button to bring up a list of the things the mod changes. Look for any changed game settings (GMST's); the game settings in question are iLevelUp01Mult, iLevelUp02Mult, iLevelUp03Mult, ... iLevelUp10Mult. The default values are as follows:

If any of these values are different then the bonus multipliers will not be the same as those listed in the article you linked to.

Another, more tedious, method of finding the culprit(s) would be to start a vanilla game with no mods, start a new character, level the character up "efficiently", and check to make sure the bonus multiplier is what it should be. (If not, there's something very wrong.) Then add mods one at a time, starting a new character and leveling them up each time to see if the multipliers are still as expected; if not, the last mod added is the culprit.

I can rule out the following mods as being the culprits, since I run with them myself and am familiar with them:

In addition, I would rule out any other official Bethesda plugins. The rest? Well, most of them don't look like they would mess with the game in this manner, but not being familiar with them I can't comment definitively either way.

The only other thing I know is that the vanilla unpatched version of the game does not count miscellaneous skills towards the level-up bonus, but this shouldn't be the cause of your problem since you have the GOTY version which comes with the latest official patch by default.

I know this probably wasn't the answer you were hoping for, but I hope that it provides some help and insight on what might be going on here.

And I ain't in it for the power
And I ain't in it for my health
I ain't in it for the glory of anything at all
And I sure ain't in it for the wealth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:27 am 
Associate
Associate

Well, the culprit seems to be Rebirth (according to CS it´s the only one which changes that value). I haven´t tested yet, since I don´t want to deactivate the whole mod.
How can I reset that value to normal now? I´m asking since I started CS for the first time today, and I don´t want to break anything...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:54 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 16
By "that value" I assume you mean the value for iLevelUp10Mult, which is the 5x multiplier.

Changing the setting back to "normal" is easy enough once you know how. I would not recommend changing it in Morrowind Rebirth itself; while easy enough to do, it creates an additional set of potential headaches (which are also easy enough to deal with, if you know how, but since I don't know how much experience you have with Morrowind mods and their potential issues I won't inflict these headaches on you).

What I would recommend instead is to create your own teeny-tiny mod which "changes" the setting back to its original value. To do this, you simply need to create a mod which marks the setting as "changed", even though the value is in fact the original default. How to do this? Read on:

(Note: I apologize if I've gone into more detail than you need here, but since you mentioned that you'd only just fired up the CS for the very first time, I wanted to make everything as clear as possible. It'll probably take you longer to read through these steps than to actually do them.)

Now all you need to do is add your new mod to your Morrowind data files. As long as this mod is loaded after Morrowind Rebirth, the game setting(s) will be reverted to its original value, since the "changes" in this mod will override the changes made in MR. And, since this is a new mod you've (presumably) added at the end of the load order, it won't affect existing save files (except to restore the original level-up multipliers)--any existing saves can be used without issues.

Alternatively, if this seems like more effort than you want to go into, shoot me a PM with your e-mail addy and I'll send you a copy of the mod I just described, which I made while creating the tutorial. If any of the other settings need "changing" let me know and I can include those too.

Happy modding! :mrgreen:

And I ain't in it for the power
And I ain't in it for my health
I ain't in it for the glory of anything at all
And I sure ain't in it for the wealth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:05 pm 
Associate
Associate

Many thanks! Works like a charm now!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:28 am