UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 1:01 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Need help with two problems
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:10 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
I have been playing Morrowind using the Rebirth mod with pretty much no issues. Until just recently One problem I had and solved involved a quest for Nelos Onmar as part of the mod LGNPC Pelagiad, where I had to find a package that was hidden for him somewhere between Pelagiad and Dren Plantation.I was worried that it was clipped into a rock or the landscape but nope I eventually found it floating in mid air,this being to do to a landscape conflict.Since in vanilla Morrowind that area is just a land but Rebirth adds a small stream.But no big deal problem solved thought it did break my immersion a bit.

Then I had another issue,involving LGNPC Pelagiad this time during the Mebestian's Assist Quest,I had gotten to the part where I had to come up with a new slogan for the store and after picking one Mebestian would not recognize that I made a decision and give me my payment.I fixed that problem with the console.Then I did that part where you give him the Frost Salts then he has you deliver them to a Khajiit named Toni'i who promptly eats them and dies.I went back and told Mebestian and told about what happened and now the assistant dialogue is missing and I can't continue the quest and I don't know why or how to fix it.I know for fact having done this quest before on other play-throughs that the quest does not end here,so this shouldn't be happening.

My other issue is more minor,I am using the Morrowind Acoustic Overhaul and occasionally after playing a for a little bit the music starts to get distorted and staticky a quick save and then a reload usually fixes it for a little bit but it always comes back.I have no idea how to fix this issue because I didn't have it in my other install using that mod.

Here is my mod list and load order

Don't know if this would effect anything but this install is on my SSD while my other install is on my regular Hard Drive.

Post subject: Re: Need help with two problems
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:50 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 8
188 mods and you are guessing why you have problems? i usually don't go above any ten mods active at any specific play thru

Post subject: Re: Need help with two problems
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:10 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
The reason for the high mod count is because I uses MGSO as base for my install,a vast majority of my Mods are Graphical and Sound Mods.As far as gameplay mods its Tamriel Rebuilt,Morrowind Rebirth and Less Generic NPC's the rest of it is pretty minor stuff.Plus until the issue with the Mebestian's Assistant quest I have had no issues or incompatibilities with this install.
The three issues I mentioned have the only issues I have experienced at all with this installation.

Those issues being

1.LGNPC Pelagiad Nelos Onmar Package Quest,The sack containing the goods was floating in the air due to landscape changes made by Morrowind Rebirth.(No big deal,too be expected and did not interfere with ability to complete quest.

2.LGNPC Pelagiad Mebestian Assistant quest first unable to proceed past choosing the store slogan portion,then after passing that part via the console.The inability to continue with quest and the disappearance of the Assistant Topic after delivering the frost salts to him then to Toni'i then informing Mebestian of Toni'i's death after ingesting them. Which I tried to remedy by using the addtopic console command which didn't work.

3.After playing for a little bit the music will start to clip.Morrowind Acoustic Overhaul. I do not have this problem with other install using this mod.Saving and reload fixes problem temporally