UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Question about Emulators and Oblivion
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:20 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
Hey, TES fans. Quick question. Last month I finally got both Stormhold and Dawnstar, and while I haven't done anything in Dawnstar yet, I've found Stormhold to be a blast. Following msico's suggestion post from last November, instead of using Kemulator, I've been using sjboy, as I would like to save, lol.

However, not mentioned in that post is that it seems if you pull up Dawnstar on the emulator after saving a "character" in Stormhold, it seems to delete the saved game data from the first game (and, of course, it'd work vice versa). Has anyone else noticed this issue? Considering the technology and age of the games, I won't even ask if anyone knows a workaround, but people should at least be aware.

That aside, my main question is about the Oblivion game for the cell phone, the hack 'n' slash less fun game. In the game instructions, I see I can use my Left/Right soft key to pull up Menu/Inventory in the game, which would be required for saving, I'd imagine. I've looked online, and the screencaps I've seen of the game include the words "Inv" and "Menu" at the bottom of the screen, cutscenes excluded. The couple of versions I've found of the game don't seem to have those, and it seems impossible to pull either up, thus making me unable to save.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Have I just found corrupted versions, or is there something I'm stupidly overlooking? Thanks for any help you can give.

Post subject: Re: Question about Emulators and Oblivion
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:06 am 
Global Wiki Admin
Global Wiki Admin

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 420
The default controls are Right Soft Key for Inventory and Left Soft Key for Menu.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:58 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
Oh, sorry, I mean, I understand that, and I've looked at diagrams of phones just to be sure I know which ones they are, but for my game, they don't do anything when I press them. Everything else works (combat, healing), but the soft keys don't seem to have any effect in the game. They work just fine in both Stormhold and Dawnstar, so I'd be surprised if it was a problem with the emulator, but you never know, Sorry I didn't clarify in my first post on the actual problem, and thank you for getting back in such a timely manner.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:14 am 
Global Wiki Admin
Global Wiki Admin

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 420
Not sure what could be wrong with it then. I know Oblivion Mobile has 'sticky' controls, but it mostly affected walking.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:25 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
Yeah, I noticed the walking, but I've found a way around that. Thanks for your help, and if I figure out what's up with it, I'll let you know. Cheers!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:13 pm 
Layman
Layman

As for the mobile version of Oblivion, navigating the Menu/Inventory seems to be posing challenges. The discrepancy between the game instructions and the actual gameplay experience could indicate issues with the versions you've found. It's possible that these versions might be corrupted or incomplete, lacking crucial functionalities like the ability to access the menu for saving.

It might be worth exploring alternative versions or seeking advice from dedicated forums or communities focused on mobile game emulation. Engaging with experienced players or enthusiasts could provide insights or even uncover functional versions of the game that offer the necessary features for saving progress.

Thank you for sharing your experiences and seeking solutions within the community. Hopefully, with a bit more exploration or guidance, you'll find a version of Oblivion that allows you to access the Menu/Inventory and fully enjoy the game on your mobile device.