UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2783 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112
 Post subject: Re: Post funny, stupid or weird glitches that's happened to
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:02 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
Because my new laptop does not have a CD drive, I decided to get the GOG version of Oblivion. However, I am encountering entirely new issues that I never did with a physical copy. Namely: http://www.gamesas.com/missing-few-inve ... 39702.html I decided to go with a minimal mod only run, so the only mods that I have installed are the Unofficial Patches and its support files, OBSE, and follower double face fix https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/34753 I'm not going to bother reinstalling because this is already as "clean" a game as I can make it.

The best way that I know to solve this issue is to recover or replace the icons. I encountered a similar problem with wine on my physical copy of Oblivion, and I "fixed" the issue by simply overwriting all the wine in the game with a completely new mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/34111 However, I don't know which mods can do so. Well, I'm being forced to recall that this game is borderline torture with issues right out of the box.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:08 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
I encounter a transparent legionary today at Sercen. I could see his outlines faintly but all the color was missing, and when he got on his horse I could see through the horse where his leg was to the landscape beyond. It was pretty cool.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:35 am 
Layman
Layman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:12 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 16
Two rather funny incidents recently that I just had to share. Happened to my current character (Darielle Bourne, Breton, Battlemage/Spellsword (custom class), Level 21).

Incident the first: So Darielle's riding into Skingrad late one fine afternoon, heading for the West Gate on the road which circles the north side of the city. She sees a mountain lion prowling near the road by the city's north wall and decides she better take care of it before it makes a nuisance of itself. Having dealt with the kitty, she's heading back to her horse when suddenly, farther down the road by the vineyard, does a and comes plummeting straight down out of the sky, hitting the ground next to his vineyard fence and falling over dead from the impact.

:shock: :S :wat:

...Maybe the ghost of is getting its revenge after all. Come to think of it, went missing on one of his afternoon horse rides quite some time ago... If anything happens to , I'm going to start feeling rather scared...

(Actually, I couldn't see any good reason why the game should treat poor Davide in such a horrible fashion, and Darielle is rather fond of the Surilie Brothers wines, so I quit and reloaded a save from a few minutes earlier. Cue Darielle riding into Skingrad without incident this time, although decided to walk past the vineyard and eat his dinner standing in the middle of the road rather than sitting on the bench outside the stable as usual, but that seemed to be a relatively harmless quirk by comparison so I let it go.)

Incident the second: Last night, Darielle was camped beside the , near the Wayshine of Stendarr about halfway between Bravil and Leyawiin. I'm running a camping mod, so Darielle has a tent and bedroll set up, as well as a nice little campfire to cook her dinner and keep her warm. Ten o'clock rolls around, and it's time for Darielle to get her beauty rest, except that I don't want her to level up at the moment, so I use the "Wait" function to simulate sleeping rather than letting her actually sleep in the bedroll.

Eight hours pass by, morning comes, and Darielle "wakes up"... to find some random Khajiit bandit snoozing peacefully in her bedroll. :!:

Surprised, Darielle draws her sword and prepares to give the unsuspecting interloper a nasty shock... when the bandit suddenly wakes up, scrambles to her feet, sees Darielle, says "Urk!" and falls over, dead. Without Darielle having laid a finger on her.

:shock: :S

...Guess she must have had a heart attack?...

And I ain't in it for the power
And I ain't in it for my health
I ain't in it for the glory of anything at all
And I sure ain't in it for the wealth

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 3:10 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
It's rather funny than weird, but after receiving The Armored Old Nag free horse, I often had to travel to Chestnut Handy Stables to get it back. It was my only horse in Oblivion after I found that a player can run faster than a horse, maybe faster than this one only. But I'm an admirer of animals, so Mrs. Nag was my only horse during my several Oblivion starts.:) This happened earlier with the original game, and now, with Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:06 pm 
Layman
Layman

After casting a Frenzy spell at the Arcane University, the mages had killed a battlemage. There was the body next to two people talking, so I resurected him with the Staff of Worms right between them as the two started complaining about Necromancy. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:01 pm 
Global Wiki Admin
Global Wiki Admin

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 420

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:51 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2783 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112