UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 3:38 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Some Questions
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:10 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
I have a few questions, but first, here's my mod list
Adventurer's Backpack
Xenn's Marksman Overhaul
More Useful Spears
Official Mods
Balmora Undercity
Key Replacer
Old Dwemer Books
Real Signposts
Rebalance Complete
Dangerous Roads of Morrowind
Broadsheets and Noticeboards
Less Generic Nerevarine

Keep this in mind, please.

1. I'm thinking of joining the Fighter's Guild, the Legion, the Imperial Cult and House Hlaalu. What skills should I pick (I'm thinking Spear, Longblade, and all three armor types) and which of these guilds should I join first?

2. I seem to level really super slowly. Does the difficulty affect levelling?

3. What level should I reach before starting the main quest?

Post subject: Re: Some Questions
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:06 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
1. For the skills, Blunt weapon is favored by 3 factions, and Longblade, Heavy Armor and Speechcraft by 2 factions each. Spear favored by the Legion, but there are fewer interesting spears than longswords and blunt weapons in the base game, which is probably different here seeing you installed a mod to make spears more useful. Marksman and Light Armor aren't a bad idea either.

All guilds have low-level missions available at first, notably the Imperial Cult has a number of fetch quests that can be quickly solved provided you know were to find what they ask (but Going out of your way to follow what they recommand and giving more than they expect tends to give better rewards).

One point about the Legion than can be annoying in the base game is that you have to wear a Legion Cuirass (chainmail is the lightest to carry) when speaking to members of the legion of higher rank than you; I'd recommend taking the time to level up Heavy Armor, Longblade and Spear before joining them to to make promotions easier and join the legion last, unless you roleplay specifically as a legionnaire or something like that. There's a mod that requires only to wear a ring, it's up to you to use it or not.

The quests for the fighters guild can potentially conflict with the thieves guild unless dealt with in a specific way, so consider whether or not you plan on joining them and/or have them eradicated at the end (I won't say more about it for risk of spoilers).

Remember also that only one Great House can be joined.

2. The difficulty slider doesn't affect levelling, but only the amount of damages you inflict and recieve in combat.

Some skills are much harder to level up than others (weapon skills to level up naturally due to the failure rate), so don't hesitate to use trainers to get at least one weapon skill up up to roughly 50.

There are also a lot of mods that overhaul levelling (like Galsiah's Character Developement), but I have never used any of them and thus can't help much here.

3. The first few quests from Caius can be done at a relatively low level, but things will get harder rather fast after he sends you to meet Sul-Matuul. As he says, don't hesitate to take a break to level up and do some questing if one task is a little too hard before coming back.

I hope those advices will help you enjoy the game!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:13 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games:
Platform:
Yeah, I've seen iron spears that do as much as 20 damage. That looks to be an improvement.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:19 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
Dwarven Halberds or Ebony Spears can be tough to find, but could pass as a good mid-game weapon. If you are lucky, you could find a daedric spear, but they're very rare.
Better keep a sword or hammer handy just in case, and don't forget a silver or enchanted weapon to fight against ghosts and daedras.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:57 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games:
Platform:
Thanks. My character right now has Longblade, Medium Armor, Heavy Armor, Spear and Mercantile as his major skills, Light Armor, Block, Atheletics, Speechcraft and Restoration as his minor skills, a specialization on Combat, Endurance and Personality as favored attributes, and he was born under the sign of the Lady.