UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Very, Very Basic Questions
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:24 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
I'm answering my own questions since no one else will do it for me and by now I've figured out the answers.

Q. How do I toggle run on and off?
A. Caps Lock normally does it. Alternatively you can hit Escape, Go to Options, and Check/Change what keys do what.

Q. I'm a Nord and it looks like I have some sort of a shielding power. How do I activate that?
A. Right click and select the shielding power. Use (R) to raise your hands and then click with the left mouse button to use the spell.

Q. I have a ring of healing. How do I activate that item to heal myself?
A. The same as above. Right click, select the right, raise your hands, and activate the ring.

Q. My weapon is damaged. I took Armorer as a major skill. How do I repair my weapon?
A. Buy hammers. Right click. Move the hammers from your inventory to your photo. Another screen will open letting you (try to) repair your stuff. Each hammer normally has about 20 uses.

Q. I found a magic sword from some guy who was apparently working on some sort of jumping spell. The sword is almost discharged now. How can I recharge it?
A. It will automatically recharge over time.

Post subject: Re: New to Morrowind: A Guide and FAQ for new players
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:09 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 5
In addition to Repair Hammers, there are also Repair Tongs which work in much the same manner, although they generally provide more uses to wieght.

Additionally, you can recharge magically enchanted items more quickly by expending souls trapped in soul gems, which you will either find as loot or be rewarded with, capture yourself using the spell Soul Trap, or purchase or steal from NPCs.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:56 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

UESPoints: 4

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:12 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
About stealing from Galbedir - be careful and remember not to ask him (or any other Mages Guild enchanter) to enchant something for you using the same kind of gem as the one you stole, or he'll call the guards and the entire Mages Guild will rush to kick your thieving butt. ;) And it doesn't have to be the same gem, just the same type.

Rule #137: Always waste time when you don't have any.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:45 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
Morrowind is by far my favourite game EVER! I only starting properly playing it 3 weeks ago and I haven't been able to stop playing it since.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:34 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Hi, I'm new here and not sure if this is where I should post my questions, but here I go:

So I'm planning on an unarmoured character but also use a shield. I use Morrowind code patch, so the unarmoured bug is gone, so I dont need a piece of armour to get my armour rating. Here's the question: do I get the full armour rating from the unarmoured skill or would it be reduced because I use a shield? Or to say, at unarmoured 100, would my rating be 65 or would it be lower because of my shield?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:44 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games:
Platform:
1. Taking Luck as one of the major attributes means you will find better loot earlier on. I found Amulet of Mark on my first day in Seyda Neen.

2. As a Breton Mage, you may want to accuire Boots of Blinding Speed (). Your innate 50% resistance to Magic means you can still see when using them, and it helps with the mage's painfully slow walking speed.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:30 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
I'm afraid your first point is actually false, it's just a myth and was proven wrong long ago. I use to think the same thing though back in the day.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:11 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games:
Platform:
One lil question (dunno if it warrants having its own thread like the Processus Vitellius one)

Pardon moi stupid, but how do you read notes/books you have picked up into your inventory? Clicking it just let you drag the icon, double clicking does no difference, & right click exits inventory/map view as usual

Is there some special keyboard command(s) to reading notes/books that are in inventory?

Caused my soy bean to staple my car to the drawers!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:36 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
It's just like drinking a potion - click on it, drag it over your picture in the inventory window and click again.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:10 pm 
Layman
Layman

I am at a complete loss. In barter, duplicates of an item are stacked, hence the number next to their image, yeah? I can only buy or sell in stacks, not in the amount I want. I have NO idea how to change that. I want to sell all but one set of a given type of boot, I want to buy just one cuirass, not all 4. This is ridiculous, I'm sure I must be missing something obvious, but... nope, no clue.
I'm using Overhaul 2.0, not sure if that may be affecting something.... please help ;__;

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:47 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 5
You can use the Ctrl key to alternate between selecting an entire stack or a single item, if I'm not mistaken. But as Scozzar has already pointed out, the barter interface should prompt you with a slider to specify the exact number of items you want to sell, when you select a stack of items to sell.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:58 pm 
Layman
Layman

That's really odd. No slider ever appears, it just moves the whole stack, no prompt, and that's it. I've no idea why but one of the mods seems like the likely problem, I'll have to take a look. Fortunately using ctrl has worked, I just hope this is the extent of any issues, but thank you for your help!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:57 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
It's not a "problem" - you must have the Morrowind Code Patch installed. It changes the way the items are picked up - a single click picks up the whole stack and no slider appears. Ctrl+click picks up one item from the stack. And you need Shift+click to get the slider. It actually makes things smoother, statistically speaking you're usually moving either a single item or all of them, so it makes sense not to have to deal with the extra quantity menu all the time. Of course, if you don't like it, you don't have to use it - just run the MCP and disable "Shortcut key improvements".

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:05 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
Greetings all. I, like so many others, got into TES through Oblivion back in 06 and loved it. I got Skyrim when it came out but fora variety of reasons only got to REALLY play it over this past summer, also very enjoyable, I'm just wrapping up the main quest now. But I've really enjoyed the lore, read the novels, and love all the info here. So thanks for that and this guide as Morrowind was on sale on steam so I picked it up. I installed just the cosmetic mods in the MGSO (I think, I got an error at the end of the install, so I don't know if they all installed). So here's hoping I like it :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:32 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Hey Dalamar, I gotta tell ya, Morrowind is the best. Of course this is open to debate, but I like Morrowind for a number of reasons. First is the culture of Morrowind. Every game, even within the elder scrolls, as you know, has a different culture in the world of the game. The dunmer are so laid back, and blunt, but so interesting. Also is the way the world looks in the game.. Of course, coming previous to Oblivion and Skyrim, it doesn't have the near photographic quality nearly achieved by Skyrim, and to a lesser extent, Oblivion. Personally, that is what I like though. Similar to W.O.W., which, like Morrowind, doesn't have that photographic look, but the graphics that immediatelly preceded that. They are good enough to make scenery look nice, but not too in depth too the point where it is no longer "escapism", but "realism". Color-wise, Morrowind has this rustic, not overly colorful look to it. That I like as well. To all they're own opinions though on whats best, but to me, Morrowind is the greatest of them all.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:50 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
Well, since I'm playing on an original Xbox, let me say: play it on pc. :|

Resident FallOut: New Vegas white knight.

I Dwemer.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:55 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
I don't know, but i've read of some cards performing better with Skyrim than with MGSO and other graphical mods.
Unoptimized programming maybe, or MGSO superiority?
Anyway, it's a well known fact,ANY computer can run Morrowind, my brother ran it with 750RAM and 128video, most of today's computers, even netbooks can run it smoothly.
Mac users, if you own an IMac, i think you can also make it run smoothly via windows emulating. I don't know, gotta check. Anyone giving a try?
Also, on the subject of Hammer/Tongs, the best choice is a hammer, because even if the tongs have more uses, their lower quality will make less likely that you succeed repairing.

We can't bring it back, ancient wisdom is lost, and atlantis must emerge, as it sank.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:09 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 2
Hi, I've only been playing Morrowind for about a month (racking up about 182 hrs) on a low-end laptop.

Intel Core i5 450M 2.4ghz (assuming not overclocked)
4gb ram
Intel HD graphics Core i5 (1696 MB - according to dxdiag but I don't believe it)

Morrowind runs okay with vanilla settings. Mostly smooth gameplay, though stuttering is not uncommon (screen'll momentarily freeze then return to normal, then freeze again, etc). For example, framerate drops quite in a bit in Ebonheart but not to the point that it becomes unbearable to play. I wouldn't be surprised if I can't run the game with the overhaul mod.

I can play Oblivion with barebone graphics (although I can enable the hdr option - sorry can't remember what it's called). Though there'll be a lot of lag if there's too much activity going on-screen (ex: Mehrunes Dagon battle).

Can I run Skyrim on the lowest settings? p.s. is there a mod to reduce the graphics even further than the vanilla version?

Thanks to everyone that took the time to read this.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:09 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
Thanks for the reply, I'm not surprised. It doesn't specify if 3k or 4k. :(

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:48 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:56 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
A quick question about Morrowind, can we apply poison on weapon, or poisons simply don't exist ?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:05 am 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games:
Platform:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:20 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
I forgot if you can enchant weapon with poison dmg spell?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:39 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

UESPoints: 4
You can, like Of the four elementals, though, Poison is the worst IMO, because it's the most expensive and many monsters have a resistance.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next