UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 12:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Temple/Neravarine quest flow question (spoilers)
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 9:54 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
Hi all!

I've just grabbed moon-and-star, but did NOT yet allow myself to be named Neravarine by any tribes. The wise woman says something incongruent, to me, about the Temple Archcanon being worried and go there right away. I had just completed the first step of "The Four Corners", Malacath, so I figured I'd turn that in and see what he has to say. However, all I get is that he has to "meditate on this" and the quest doesn't seem to be turned in.

Will he be stuck in this "meditation" until I'm done with the main quest? I was hoping Nibani was talking about some interesting new wrinkle, but it sounds like I'm just supposed to talk to him so I know the Temple quest line is on hold till then. This is confusing to me since the Ashkan specifically warns me I may not want for him to name me Neravarine because of Temple reaction. But if I'm right about my assumptions, the Temple questline is already arrested.

Post subject: Re: Temple/Neravarine quest flow question (spoilers)
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 10:02 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
As soon as you grab Moon and Star, the Temple will ignore you. Sul-Matuul will kindly warn you of this before he names you Nerevarine of the Urshilaku, but when he tells you to "finish your dealings with the Houses and the Temple", it's actually already too late. You will not be able to finish any Temple quests until after you talk to Vivec. If you are over 20th level and have a reputation of more than 50, then you skip the fourth & fifth trials altogether, which is when Nibani tells you to go see Saryoni, rather than do the next trials. She keeps saying stuff about "why haven't you fulfilled your destiny yet?" If I were you, I'd go back to an earlier save & complete the temple quests. If you're up to the Four Corners, then there's not much more to do before getting promoted to Patriarch. There's a mod out there that stops the skipping of the Fourth & Fifth trials, which I think is the better way to go.