UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 7:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Delta Green: R-Cell
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:26 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 20
Blake took some footage of the office and cabinet, it was clear they wouldn't be left alone with it as they may have hoped. But eventually they all made their way back to the sitting room. After about 15 minutes they were all set up, camera, sound, everything. It probably wasn't professional but then again, it didn't have to be.

Chloe and Nate were sitting next to each other on the sofa, Sophia and Olivia sitting out of shot. The cameras and recording equipment were focused on the couple, this would be one of those documentaries where the interviewers themselves and the questions they asked wouldn't be seen, the answers were to tell the story.

Chloe and Nate looked at each other and nodded before turning back to the camera. "We're ready. Ask away." said Nate.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:24 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 14
Sophia/Reeds/Lily

Holding her notes, she nodded to herself in confidence and gave a sincere thumbs up to her fellow companion "Knock em outta the park. You got this"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:56 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 10
Olivia Patel

Olivia gave her best interviewer smile as the couple sat down across from her, and crossed her legs. It wasn't common that she interviewed someone in a manner which didn't verge on hostile, but she had enough practice at the inverse to be comfortable, nonetheless. "OK, fantastic, first, thank you so much for agreeing to this interview, we're very excited to be conducting it." That interviewer smile broadened somewhat, and she jumped straight in with some softball, to get them comfortable.

"OK, first, obviously, you're a couple. Lots of famous working couples, especially in art, how do you think that affects your working dynamic--do you make sure to agree on everything, or is Nathan ever running ahead on projects you only find out about later. How does that work? And does it ever get in the way of production?"

She'd smile as she received the answer: softball to them, but information about their decision making process was potentially important. Chloe suggested Nathan had been doing "something" with the cabinet earlier, but had been unable to explain, whether that meant she really didn't understand things in general, was the aim of the question. As soon as it was answered she'd offer a smile and keep rolling with more relevant questions. There was an obvious set of progression as she rolled through the material she had written down earlier:

1. What got yous into gaming? Specifically arcade gaming.

2. And arcade culture here, how would you describe it?

3. In terms of the other developers out there, who--beside yourselves obviously--is producing the best games?

4. Where do you get the ideas for your own games from?

5. What made you interested in recreating this game?

6. I hear a lot of buzz about the cabinet: where did you find it?

Then, to close, and in a classic interviewer's bid to generate a bit of news she'd ask:

7. Nathan, you're just after coming from working with the cabinet. Does that mean we can expect more updates to the game you've just released--Super Polybius, or are you using it as inspiration for an entirely new game?

Then without skipping a breath, she'd glance between the pair of them and ask:

8. Can you tell us anything about where you're taking this studio next?

She'd fold her arms as she finished asking those eight questions, though with her bodies continued inclination towards an expression of interest it would be unclear whether she wanted to finish right there or not. It was, of course, left ambiguous for a reason: if she needed to ask followups on the final question, the most important question, she could.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:23 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games:
Platform:
Nathan and Chloe answered the questions asked of them in various ways.

0 - Nate: "Oh we work pretty independent a lot of the time, but things just sorta mesh in the end. Chloe's all business and I'm, I, I know she's better at that." The duo smirked. "But yeah, I work on programming a lot and she's just always making music, even if not for a project, she's always working away."

1 - Chloe: "We grew up in Portland." Chloe paused and smiled. "But yeah, there was an old arcade by our school, Joy and Sticks. Closed now but, being in the indie hipster kids that we were, we'd head there a lot after school or what have you."

2 - Nate: "Resurgent. It was doing bad in the 90s and 2000s but, really making a come back. It's nice."

3 - Nate : "Paradox." Nate said, shaking his head. "I've put, hundreds of hundreds of hours in Crusader Kings and I can't stop. So they've hooked me and for what they make, they're great at it. Just, the best."

Chloe: "Supergiant. Like, I try to blend music with gameplay and just, all that seems effortless in their games. Because it's there from the start. I really remember playing Transitior in college and just being like, I'll never be half as good as this, maybe I need to just give up now. Just, I'm in awe with every title they put out."

4 - Nate: "Just, everywhere. Like, it's hard to answer that. It just comes from all over."

5 - Chloe: "The music. Like, people say this game was addictive and just, the music, it gets in your brain. The challenge of recreating it, remixing it, so, so worth it."

Nate: "So people can play it! Game's the classic we never get to try. And you know, we get to do it in a way that doesn't tear apart and damage should a rare machine for the roms. So that's nice for Polybius's sake."

6 - Nathan: He laughed. "If I told you that, the men in black would come to take us all away."

Chloe: "Just, when we got it was, the source was private. Promised we wouldn't say so we aren't going to."

Nathan nodded: "Yeah, bill of sale's in the safe but, just have to take our word we didn't steal it."

7- Nate: Nathan nodded. "Updates. Not sure when, but yeah, updates. Friend and regional leaderboards are big thing, adding that to steam, people asked for it, we know, it's coming. But yeah, there's a um, bonus mode to the game. Want to figure that out properly but don't want to just, take out all the chips to do it. So, taking a while." He pointed in the direction of the office. "I'll show you when I show you the cabinet. Maybe you can figure it out."

8 - Nate smirked: "Germany next month. Holiday."

Chloe giggled at the joke. "But no, we'll just have to see where it goes. Have a lot of ideas and well, yeah, we'll see."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:39 am 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 14
Sophia/Reeds/Lily

Lily stood off behind the scene, acting as the supplementary support to her far more confident counter part

When they began to run through the list of answers she scratched her head for a bit "Men in black.." then she snapped her finger "Ah, surely a jest!" She juttered down some notes before adding "And uh, ya, did I catch that right, mention of a bonus stage for Super Polybius?" doing some of her best to guide the questioning along and somewhere for Cathrine to pick up from

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:02 pm 
CotM Winner!
CotM Winner!

ES Games:
Platform:
Nate nodded. "Yeah." He gestured in the direction of the office. "Will I just take you there? It's a lot easier to explain if I show you. And hell, maybe you can figure it out."