UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Imperial dungeon kit problem... [solved]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:28 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
EDIT: I've figured it out now :oops:

Hello!

I'm working on creating some dungeons... I'm still a bit new to the Creation Kit and so far I've followed most of the tutorials available for creating dungeons. Because of this I only really have experience with the Nordic kit.

Anyway, I wanted to move on to making something with the Imperial kit and I'm running into a problem that I can't seem to resolve. :S I decided to start trying to make a room (small room) but I can't seem to find a floor that fits into place. The only one that is listed along with the other small room pieces is ImpRoomMid01, but it doesn't match up. I've tried other pieces that appear under the Imperial kit but no luck so far. There's nothing wrong with my walls or corners... but the floor just won't fit in place at all.

My Snap To Grid is set at 128, Snap To Angle is 45 (these settings were used for Nordic)... I'm not sure if any of these need to change or not.

Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong? Or is there a different piece I can try?

EDIT: Had more time to sit down and play around with this and I've figured out the problem now. :)

I made some incorrect assumptions thinking that the Imperial kit would work in the same way as the Nordic (all pieces seem to match up fine with the floor). For the small Imperial room, the different wall pieces match up to different sides of the mid piece so you can't just spam the 01 wall around the outside and fill in the middle. You need to use 02/03/04 pieces depending on the side of the mid piece that you are "connecting" to. This is because the floor isn't totally flat.