UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 2:45 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Blackreach glitch
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:18 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
My first post to this site, but i have been playing skyrim on and off since it came out, with Oblivion and Morrowind before that. Thanks in advance for any help. And for the record, i have no mods running.

So as soon as i entered Blackreach, it there are a couple of glitches affecting me at once, although I suspect they are related. Namely, as soon as I press R to unsheath my weapon or engage in magic attacks, my character starts repeating the action over and over very quickly. So instead of pulling out my weapon, it will start the unsheathing action about 8-10 times. Or if if pulls the weapon out, when i go to attack, it repeats the attack multiple times until i run out of stamina. If I try to do magic, it starts to perform the action but then restart over and over, as if i let go and then initiated a new action, without having ever released the mouse.

The other glitch is when i am in crouch/hidden mode, when i try to walk or run, every few steps, my character goes back to "normal" mode for a split second before reverting back to crouch/hidden. The net result of these is that i can't really fight or do magic, since every action is initiated over and over but never completed, or is completed repeatedly faster than i could do so on my own but i have no control over my character while it does so.

This has killed my ability to play the game, just when I get to what seems like a really interesting area. Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you.