UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 11:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Skyrim Today' Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:56 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
I completed "A Return to Your Roots",
Became Thane of Falkreath,
Killed two Dragons that were attacking Falkreath
Realized that I had completed all active quests in my journal, so I decided to try and do all misc. objectives.
I saw one that said "Help Selveni Nethri escape the cavern" I went to the location at Southfringe Sanctum and entered to find that she was standing actually inside the exit, I couldn't walk to her without leaving the cavern. So, I had the idea to Fus Roh Dah her to kind of push her out of the exit, and to my surprise it actually worked and I completed the objective.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:17 am 
Warder
Warder

Yesterday I Built a scond home near Morthal, it is such an ugly location that I'm not going beyond the small house. I returned to Lakeside Manor to find out that one of my children has adopted a fox. I joined the thieves guild did some jobs for Delvin and Vex as I was running short of money and needed a fence. My character is a former member of the oprhange in Riften so I killed Grelod (revenge at last), I was kidnapped by Astrid (from my home where my children were) so I killed her then slaughtered the rest of the Dark Brotherhood, can't have dead beats in my house. I returned home and was attacked by a giant. Thne I went to Whiterun to sell some loot and arrived in time to watch Belethor klll two vampire thralls and a master vampire.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:57 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 7
Felina, my Imperial assassin, has been riding around with her husband and animal followers in the Rift. Hitting up this bandit camp and that necromancer cave. Such fun.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:49 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
I was keeping all my smithing materials in a corpse next to the forge in Whiterun, and since I just got Hearthfire so I have a complete forge in my cellar, I decided to move everything in the chest there. So, when I get to Whiterun, I find that everything in the corpse in gone, the corpse itself wasn't gone, it just reset so it has nothing in its inventory but clothes. I think I might lost a LOT of Dragon Bones and Centurion Dynamo Cores but, besides that, not a huge loss. I've been hunting Dragons to get more Dragon bones and scales, and since I just got to level 70, I'm trying to find a Legendary Dragon.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:25 pm 
Warder
Warder

I rode from Riften to Windhelm on my new horse Frost. I was chased by 5 bears, 4 wolves, 1 bandit, 1 pit wolf, 1 mammoth, 1 giant and finally a sabre cat. I killed them all from horseback with my trusty curved sword.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:22 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
Built a house and ragequitted after hitting a plethora of bugs regarding adoption and a couple of glitchy dragons that killed half of Dawnstar and forced me to backtrack to an earlier save from before I had built my house....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:32 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
Well, I resumed play of my magical thief vampire character, whom I temporarily benched to play Hearthfire with my original Battlemage character.

Started at the College of Winterhold, where I found myself a tad peckish, and decided to nibble a bit of Nirya. Fun fact, not sure if anyone else has figured this out yet, but you can use Vampire's Seduction to feed on her in plain view of all teachers and students, and they won't bat an eye. This might apply to other people around the college, but I think the rest level to high for it to work for long. She made her usual comment about how she hopes I've made note of whose been the most useful in my ascent to Arch Mage. The grand total sum of her usefulness has been a snack every time I pass this way.

I then went on a mission to retrieve a book from a Falmer lair for Urag gro-Shub. It want an uneventful dungeon crawl. They kept spotting me when I tried to slip a dagger in their backs, but were no match for my spell arsenal or Argis my Housecarl. His first dungeon crawl with me for any of my characters, just felt the guy deserved a little field time.

Upon finding the book, I returned to the college and once again fed on Nirya in plain view of witnesses, who do not care that she's become a vampire's chew toy.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:03 pm 
Warder
Warder

Those dastardly forsworn killed my horse. So I'm back to walking again. Bit of bugger when your trying to find cool locations for a Skyversary shin dig.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:43 am 
Master
Master

ES Games:
Platform:
I killed Naslaruum and Vaslaruum , and obtained the final word for drain vitality
'twas a fun fight , i even got ''Dovahkiin'' playing in the backround :P

other than that , i fixed my ''Serana waiting'' glitch , using instructions i found somewhere here

UNfortunatley , right after i did this i was rewarded with another glitch , however this one was minor , seems i have to have at least one glitch persist in order to play this game
now my character appears about 1 meter in front of any door he enters :P , so im afraid if i enter anywhere thats on a cliff , i'll fall to my doom :P

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:01 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
I remembered to do Ahtar's "Kill-the-Bandit-Leader" bounty quest (deep-six Captain Hargar in Broken Oar Grotto) before doing the "Lights Out!" quest. That's at least one undo-able quest I won't have clogging up the Journal page.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:24 am 
Master
Master

ES Games:
Platform:
Finished the Dawnguard questline yesterday , it was very good in my opinion , and had a Myriad of cool (and sometimes difficult) Boss fights

i cant seem to find Isran , though
perhaps he has set off to lands unknown , to hunt even more Vampires !!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:50 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
I was sliced to pieces by a dwemer blade trap... gods how I hate those things.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:23 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
I recently discovered that it;s actually level 78 that Legendary Dragons start spawning. I decided I'm going to make a character for each race. I've just started a Redguard, my main is an Imperial, I have a Dunmer assassin, a Khajiit thief, a Breton Vampire, and an Orc, so that just leaves Argonian, Bosmer, and Altmer. I don't think I've ever even had an Altmer character.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:07 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
Today I mostly finished my family home for my vampire character, moved my wife in and adopted children. For all the viking tradition, Skyrim is surprising progressive. They're all for adoption by lesbian vampires.

I discovered how to gain the ultimate rested bonus when I decided to sleep in my new coffin. +15% Experience Bonus for Lovers Comfort (though its of limited use to me, since the only skill I haven't reached 100 with yet is Restoration), +10 Magic Resistance for sleeping in my coffin, and +25 to healing spells from Mother's Love. None of the bonuses really last very long, but its fun to get them all at once. Well, off to find something to kill.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:08 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 1
I went on a killing spree in Whiterun, then started the Dawnguard questline with Maar "Dur" Staadnau.
Apparently today was more of a "I've got to get used to this new graphics card" day than a day to actually accomplish anything.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:25 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
Today I noticed that I had way to many empty Black Soul Gems in my inventory, and decided to fill some. So I went to the Thalmor Embassy. Right outside, I met a group of Justicars, who took issue at my proclimation of belief in Talos. They attacked me, Mjoll and Shadowmere, and I hit all three with Soul Trap, filling some soul gems. Interestingly, the Thalmor inside reacted to the battle, but in non combatants running from danger formation, not joining in. I rewarded their non combatant behavior with me sucking their blood, and slitting their throats with a dagger with a soul trap enchantment. Stabbed quite a few of them in the barracks as they slept. One I missed in the corner, only found him when he woke up while I was checking up stairs, and he proclaimed vengence on whom ever slayed his comrads. And then he went back to sleep. Naturally, I killed him when he went back to sleep.

Following this, I realised Mjoll was still packing a Daedric Battleaxe. I'd been using other followers for a while, and never made her a Dragonbone one. So I forged and enchanted a new dragonbone axe for her, using one of my newly filled Black Soul Gems. And enchanted some wooden swords for the kids.

Then I headed up to Dawnstar, and begin building a home there. Needing more iron, I returned to Dawnstar, only to find Dragons attacking the town. Been a while since I've actually had this happen, and one of these was a Legendary. Don't care much about fighting them myself, but in a town where people can die, it gets problematic. Summoned two Storm thralls, chugged an Ultimate Magicka Potion, and began cutting loose with spells. Unfortunately, several people died as I kept running out of magicka. So, I reloaded the auto save from before I fast traveled there, and tried again, this time breaking out Auriels Bow, and blotting out the sun for the fight. My magicka was recharging much faster this time, but then after the dragons were dead, I got a letter of inheritance stating that the town blacksmith had died. So I reloaded again. This time lost the girl who tends the garden next to the inn. Reloaded one more time. This time my arrow seemed to miss the sun, but I lucked out because only one dragon appeared, still Legendary, and it seemed to focus on me, and took wide circles in the air away from the town. This time, I managed to kill it without casualty. Then, deciding I deserved a reward for saving everyone in town, I fired another arrow from Auriel's Bow at the sun again, this time firing it right, the sun going dark. A nice rest of the day of darkness is how vampires have fun.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:29 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
I gathered up as much of my loot scattered around skyrim houses into my pale and morthal residences. I seem to have lost wabbajack.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:57 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
I finally made it to Alftand. For the first time.

Hey, give me a break. My disc was broken for six months.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:54 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 1
I created an Argonian known as "Falls-Off-Cliffs" and proceeded to do the Lost to the Ages quest.
Miraculously, I haven't fallen off any cliffs yet. It's only a matter of time.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:27 pm 
Warder
Warder

Not much, I got lost in the Soul Cairn looking for Juib.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:20 am 
Master
Master

ES Games:
Platform:
Finished the Civil war (Yay empire)

and have now begun the main quest ...
these will be the final adventures of the starsh...... the Dragonborn of Skyrim :(

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:46 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
I took the time to follow several rivers along their entire length, from source to mouth, doing a bit of body surfing along the way. It was a lot of fun and opened the game up for me a bit more by discovering a few more chests and unmarked Bandit camps.

Regardless of what you think about Skyrim, the one aspect where Bethesda really nailed it is in making the terrain safer. If I had covered the same amount of ground in Oblivion, I would have gotten "stuck" in those little inescapable pockets at least half a dozen times in one day. I've gotten stuck in Skyrim maybe 2 or 3 times since it came out.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:25 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 7
Killed Forsworn. Today was a good day.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:30 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
I went to some unfathomable depths and came out smarter.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:49 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
Killed some bandits. Looted some stuff. Met Shady Sam in Riverwood (!). Bought some spells. I've barely go any quests at the moment, so I just started to explore around Skyrim.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 126  Next