UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 7:51 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Lyranth's statement on the Aedra
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:27 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
UESPoints: 0
So I read the recent Loremasters Archive on ESO with Lyranth where she states the following two answers to two different questions:

"Mundus, however, submits to the predictable influence of the et’Ada’s remains, but retains the stubborn caprice of the Liar. That makes it … doughy. Flatten a mortal’s vain little castle, and it remains flattened. But never for long. Soon, some other mortal with narrow aspirations builds another castle all on their own. I respect the lost et’Ada’s foolish attempt at creation. It’s tragic that they will never fully understand what a delightful playground they created for those of us who remain undiminished."

"Rather than pondering the stars’ alleged role in Dagon’s birth, you might consider their other failures. Is there anything so low as a Magna Ge? Say what you will about Mundus’s creators—at least they displayed conviction. What greater exercise of will exists than to die in pursuit of an impossible goal? But not the star-whelps and their cowardly sovereign. When matters turned dire, they simply fled! We will never know what might have been achieved had Magnus and his legions remained to finish their work. If they did have some hand in Dagon’s emergence, is it any wonder that he embodies destruction?"

Is Lyranth referring to death in this context as the Aedra sacrificing their physical forms? I get that death is the loss of the physical body, but the Aedra are still very much existant. The Divines have played direct influence into Mundus long after their "death", they answer certain prayers, they have sent avatars and in ESO, we meet a few Elnofey into Glenumbra. Yffre to is heavily implied to be active and alive, even his unpleasant afterlife Ooze is real for Bosmer who violate the green.

The only TES deity I'm aware of to be truly or fully dead is Lorkhan. As in, he doesn't exist anymore.

Does Lyranth know this or is she simply referring to death of the physical forms of the Aedra during creation? I suppose when she says they will never "fully understand" implies that they have an understanding(therefore conciousness), but don't "fully" understand which is Lyranth thinking aedric understanding as below Daedric understanding.

Is my understanding here correct?

I would post link to said Lyranth lore article but alas I lack permission to post URLs

Post subject: Re: Lyranth's statement on the Aedra
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:47 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 16

And I ain't in it for the power
And I ain't in it for my health
I ain't in it for the glory of anything at all
And I sure ain't in it for the wealth

Post subject: Re: Lyranth's statement on the Aedra