UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 12:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 613, 614, 615, 616, 617
 Post subject: Re: Welcomes and Goodbyes
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:49 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
These greeting pages are very awkward. Yet, here I am.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:55 pm 
Layman
Layman

Hello everyone my name is Dan I am 25 years old I am a naturalist photographer, I love to watch birds and play games.I hope to find friends here.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:46 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 14
Hi Cozie, PonStan and DanWilson! Welcome!

If you scroll up a bit, you'll see the handy link from Wolfborn for the UESP Discord Server, if you happen to crave a lot more activity to satisfy your Elder Scrolls hunger. Otherwise, enjoy the nibbles here!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:07 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 16
Aarah!! Good to see you again! :mrgreen: It's nice to know you haven't forgotten about us here in forum-land. :P

Hope you're still doing well!

And I ain't in it for the power
And I ain't in it for my health
I ain't in it for the glory of anything at all
And I sure ain't in it for the wealth

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 5:39 pm 
Layman
Layman

Greetings Men, Mer and Beastfolk!

I am Gorgakh, of Falcrenth Hold, Skyrim Province, and I have registered to see if any wonderful members of the Elderscrolls community would like to join a new youtube channel that I am hoping to create. Also, I am here to enjoy Alto Wine from Skyrim, the books of Cyrodiil, and the Politics of High Rock.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:11 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
Hello y'all! Playing Oblivion on a PS3, level 27. I've been using the wiki as my source of "lore handed down from gray-hair to youngster around the fire pit".

My character is now a hoarder, trying to collect at least one of each item, missed some items early on because he was busy trying to survive, couldn't carry much, and had no reliable place to store stuff. Missing a couple each of the non-magical weapons, non-magical apparel, and ingredients. Making lists of remaining missing items ... Gak! there are a lot of magical items!

Annoyed about the broken vampire cure on the PS3. Bad developer! Bad Bethesda!

Finished most of the quests in the base game, still have the Main Quest, Shivering, and Knights to go. I'm enjoying Oblivion similar to Fallout 3 and LittleBigPlanet. Puzzles to solve, trying not to die (too often :-)), places to explore, etc.. Have to save quite a bit because I've occasionally tried to kill a good guy -- sometimes it is difficult to tell and some of the bad guys are really nasty.

Hmm, I recall someone writing that their two save files are corrupted and will probably have to start over. I keep several save files for my games, and just write over the oldest. For Oblivion I have six files and that works well for me: go to save menu, scroll to bottom of file list (most recent save is at top), confirm over-write, get back to hacking and slashing, no having to delete old saves. Yes, sometimes I wish I had an older save, but I'd probably have problems trying to figure out which one I wanted anyway if I had 20 save files. I suppose that for experienced gamers, this is obvious, but maybe some folk haven't really thought about it.

Y'all take care and enjoy!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:34 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 13
I'm nearing almost 10 years since I signed up for the forums, and I realized I never actually posted a farewell to the place. By the time TA2 concluded we were mostly discussing it over discord, and that was my primary reason for staying on the forums in the first place. Hell, besides popping in the gen chat to say hi to Hippie briefly, I hadn't posted in almost two years before this. I really do lament that the centralization of the internet has more or less killed places like this off. I love and even prefer Discord, but forums are something I'm going to remember for a while.

I was truthfully never the hugest fan of the Elder Scrolls as a setting and was never too involved with discussing the lore, but my complete adoration of Oblivion and the hype for Skyrim's impending release made me sign up way back in 2011, and I'm very glad that I did so. UESPF was critical for the development of my writing skills and creative drive, and I'll always appreciate it for that. I wrote and participated in stories that I never would have imagined otherwise, and learned first-hand the power of communal storytelling. The RP forums were my playground, and I had some lovely friends to share it with.

Nowadays most of my focus is on D&D, and my love of it can be directly traced back to getting to do PbP RPs on this forum. I still look back on this place fondly and even go back to read old RPs on occasion. We wrote some killer stuff here, and I borrow/rewrite old plot hooks and character arcs for re-use all the time. Stuff like Silicon & Sorcery, TA2, and Great White North were critical building blocks for my current writing style and preferences.

I've definitely grown apart from the place over time, that much is certain. I was a bit unruly with the moderation here from time to time, and this never really changed even after the switch to Discord. I know so few people on the disc and my fixation on TES is at an all time low. I kinda genuinely hate Bethesda as a company now and am not at all confident in TES VI, although I do look forward to being possibly surprised. Still, when it hits, I don't know if I'll be coming here to discuss it, because I don't think this place will still be kicking in comparison to the discord and twitter.

But hey, if I'm wrong, then that's good. UESPF is not the same beast I used to wrangle back when I was struggling through high school and college, but it still deserves love and attention. I hope that it can be to new folks what it was for me; and if not, that's alright. 10+ years is a pretty solid stretch of time in internet years, and I don't regret the time I spent here at all. From crazy competitions, Molag Bal games, flame wars in the IRC, crazy levels of interpersonal drama, making people read my dumb little stories, and playing pretend with everyone to make life a little less insufferable... the good and bad was all quite memorable.

Anyway, I don't know if this will be my last post on the UESPF, but my prime as a forum regular has definitely passed and I don't think that will change. I'm grateful for y'all tolerating me in the meantime.

May your roads lead to warm sands.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:13 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
Well, well, well...looking at the top of my screen, I see; Last visit was: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:57 am.

Let's change that shall we? Hello again everyone! <3

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 8:05 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Hello one and all!

Let me introduce myself. My name is Talican. I'm an Artisan of sorts. After browsing the UESP Wiki for ages, I finally decided to create an account and want to begin my journey in assisting on the Wiki as much as I can. I have a background in Technology Support, I was in the US Army for 7 years, and I currently work for a School District in California. I have been married for going on 5 years and have two beautiful "fur babies" as my wife calls them. A standard light grey Schnauzer named Duke, and a beautiful black tabby named Storm. I really like to write but haven't done it in some time now. In my free time I love to play the Fallout and Elder Scroll series on Xbox. If you ever want to hang out, I go by the Gamer Tag Rare Squared (because Talican was unfortunately taken), feel free to add me!

My hopes, is that someone will mentor me on the UESP Wiki so I can help in any way possible. I'm still learning but I pick things up very quickly.

Thank you so much for reading, and if you want to know anything more, feel free to send me a message!

VR,
~Talican

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 5:46 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 16
Welcome to the forums, Talican! You'll find things are pretty quiet around here; 's where it's at these days (or so I'm told), but there's a fair amount of activity on the wiki and it's always good to have new editors. Look forward to seeing you around!

And I ain't in it for the power
And I ain't in it for my health
I ain't in it for the glory of anything at all
And I sure ain't in it for the wealth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:38 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Hello everyone!

I hope everyone is well! I am glad to be here and hope to digitally meet many of those who are fans of TES. I have become enough of a fan of TES, myself, that I finally decided to join the TES forum. So here I am! :) I started playing TES before many people began talking about TES. That means I started the first month that TES 3 Morrowind released on PC. While this does not make me a TES sage, I do feel like a TES seasoned vet. :lol: I think one of my favorite elements in TES would have to be the spirituality, lore, and faction politics of the TES universe. I am not a religious person at all, I am quite a hippie, but I am a student and scholar of the humanities and a follower of Jesus Christ. I do not associate myself with mainstream Christianity because of all the hypocrisy and bigotry of much of the Western Church. To be completely genuine, I have a good friend who is a practicing witch, and he is much more loving than a great deal of “Christians” I know. My goal, in life, is to love others as well as I possibly can and always work on taking the sawdust out of my own eye so that I can see clearly to help others who may need help seeing some truths from a different perspective…but this is not an evangelical statement. I just want to be seen for who I am and see others for who they are. I love open and honest dialogue about spirituality and philosophy, but I try to stay out of politics IRL as much as possible. Humanity has so much to contribute, and the arts is the interest by which I love to relate with my brothers and sisters. This fact renders me as a fascinated lover of the world of TES and a continuous seeker in-game books. I have a private discord server that is Wheel of Time and TES focused. I have a great deal of lore books that I have screen-shotted from ESO and Morrowind in their own text channel in the server. I would be more than happy to give anyone an invitation to the server if you want to read some TES lore! Just let me know! :) Moreover, I ran a guild on the PC North America mega server for ESO and had a large and successful guild. I had to begin ESO from the beginning a few days ago on PS5, because I my mobo fried on my Alienware PC. I am hoping to gain PSN friends who love awesome games like TES and Fallout. My PSN username is “Ignissusmph”. My Steam username is “Ignissus”. I hope you will add me as a friend! I look forward to reading your posts and getting involved! Peace!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:38 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
It's been almost 15 years since I signed up here. Still check in from time to time. Not as busy these days as it was them, but I guess a lot has changed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:00 pm 
World Class Eejít
World Class Eejít

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 14
You should check out the discord server we have now. Alot of the traffic is now there and there's still some veteran wiki/forum folks still active there

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:20 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Hello new user here. Not sure if going to be active or not. At least will try to be.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:34 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Hello! New user here, probably won't be very active but you'll probably see me occasionally. Happy to be here! :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:23 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 613, 614, 615, 616, 617