UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 1:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Help completing Emperor's Courier quest
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:40 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
I'm hoping someone can give me some guidance here on my first playthrough. I started the main quest The Emperor's Courier, and while I was near the end of it, I received a letter from Queen Aubk-i starting the Mynisera's Letters quest. This makes Mynisera disappear from Castle Daggerfall, when all I need to do is talk to her to complete the Courier quest.

I went ahead and tackled Aubk-i's quest, and Mynisera reappeared afterward in her usual spot in the castle. But she won't talk to me, so I can't complete her assignment.

Next I tried waiting more than 13 in-game days (the time Aubk-i said Mynisera would be away). Mynisera then said something like, "I had work, but I gave it to someone else." (I guess I hit the time limit for her quest.)

I've tried loading eaerlier saves to speed through the courier quest, but the queen's letter always catches me first.

So ... if I can't complete The Emperor's Courier, will that screw up the rest of my progress through the main quest line?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT/UPDATE: I finished both quests now. It seems that in my earlier saved game, I lost track of the quest items that had been in my inventory. That's probably why the NPC refused to speak to me. I had to retread some ground, but it's all good. Onward with the main quest!